Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Blaze

*Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest
25 September 2012
Paranormal | Romance
375 Pages
My Rating ~ 1 bite
DNF @ page 88

Keira O’Shay is a clairaudient. She and several others were in a fire fighting accident a few years before and they all gained some type of paranormal ability. For the last year she’s been working to find a kidnapped child. Too bad things aren’t as they seem and her lover Luke Ransom is suddenly back in the picture.

I had to give up on this book at page 88. The beginning is full of Keira gasping for air, sweating, and she and Luke getting into pissing matches while all hell breaks loose. There are tons of characters introduced with very little connection so it’s confusing as fuck. Then Keira ignores her gut and gets herself and the kid she JUST saved, kidnapped. On top of that, for a whole year, she’s been trying to find Mateo and when she holds his picture she “hears” him saying something in another language and yet she never once tried to translate those words.  I’m. So. Done.

2 comments:

  1. I've reached a point in the last month or so where I just can't talk myself into finished books that I don't like. I used to feel like I should finish them, but life is too short and there are too many good books in the world to waste time on the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I used to finish a book no matter how bad I thought it was, but now I rarely do.

      Delete