Thursday, May 17, 2018

Way Walkers: Broken City

*Book source ~ ARC
My review is voluntary and honest.
5 April 2016
Epic Fantasy
352 Pages


My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble


Jathen’s Big Journey isn’t turning out at all the way he expected. After suffering huge losses in Book 1, he just wants to fulfill Ass’shiri’s last request and go home to lick his wounds. But the Grand Artifact that has adopted him has other plans and Jathen is dangerously adventure bound again, all while trying to keep his enemies from finding him.

I cannot get over how rich and developed this world is! It’s been awhile since I read book 1 so I thought I’d have a hard time diving into the complexities of book 2, but nope. I fell right into Jathen’s story and didn’t want to put it down. I love how Jathen can think on his feet and how he doesn’t know what’s going on any more than I do. He has powers that can’t be explained even though he’s been told his whole life that he’s pretty much unextraordinary. The one thing that is jarring is when Jathen is abruptly pulled from his friends in the sky city. By the end of the book we don’t really have any details about what happened to them. I’m guessing they’ll be a part of book 3. Or I hope so anyway. Also, the sky city kinda boggles my mind. I don't really get how they pull that off, but that's ok. Anyway, with the big bang finish at the end I’m seriously looking forward to book 3 and learning more about Jathen and his unusual powers. I’m thinking there’s going to be some more surprises in store.

2 comments:

  1. I missed picking up a review copy of this book. I was sick and couldn't couldn't concentrate enough to read. It was a miserable three months. Broken City sounds like I really lost out. I enjoyed book one, even though it was hard to follow its complicated plot. I think I would enjoy this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very complex world, but I'm really enjoying it. I hope you get a chance to pick it up and the next one when it comes out.

      Delete